Chakka pradhaman or Jackfruit payasam is a tasty kheer that is prepared by Keralits for Onam.
Chakka or jack fruit or pala pazham – 2 cup after removing the seeds and cleaning
Jaggery – 2 cups
Grated Coconut – 2 cups
Ghee – 2 tsp
Cardamom – 2
1. Steam cook the jack fruit and get it grinded like a jam without adding water.
2. Grind the coconut and extract the first milk and keep it aside.
3. Similarly, extract the second and third milk and keep them.
4. Take equal quantity of jaggery and add the third concentrated milk and heat it.
5. Filter it to another vessel leaving behind the dust from jaggery and add the paste.
6. Now add ghee and mix well.
7. Add the second concentrated coconut milk to the heating paste, jaggery and ghee mixture and stir well.
9. Keep stirring in order to prevent the coconut milk from curdling.
10. Turn off the stove when the mixture starts thickening and finally add the first concentrated coconut milk. Stir well and add ground cardamom.
11. Season with little coconut fried in ghee(optional).