Cluster beans or kothavarangai -1/2 kg
Toor Dhal – 1 cup
Channa dhal / kadalai paruppu – 1 cup
Green Chilli- 1
Dry Red Chilli – 2-3
Curry leaves – handfull
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Urad Dhal – 2 tsp
1. Soak the channa and toor dhal for half an hour and get it grinded to a coarse paste adding 1 green chili, 2 red chillies, curry leaves and little salt.
2. Do not add much water while grinding. Keep it to a thick consistency.
3. Make balls with the ground dhal mixture and steam cook it for 10 mins. Keep it aside.
4. Chop the cluster beans/ kothavarangai to fine pieces and steam cook it separately adding little water.
5. Now after keeping all things ready, take a tawa add oil and splutter mustard seeds and add urad dhal.
6. Now add the cooked cluster beans and fry for a few mins.
7. Crumble the dhal balls to a powder consistency and add them to the cluster beans.
8. Cook in low flame. Add little salt and mix well.
9. Garnish with curry leaves and serve with rice.