Cluster beans or kothavarangai -1/2 kg
Toor Dhal – 1 cup
Channa dhal / kadalai paruppu – 1 cup
Green Chilli- 1
Dry Red Chilli – 2-3
Curry leaves – handfull
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Urad Dhal – 2 tsp
1. Soak the channa and toor dhal for half an hour and get it grinded to a coarse paste adding 1 green chili, 2 red chillies, curry leaves and little salt.
2. Do not add much water while grinding. Keep it to a thick consistency.
3. Make balls with the ground dhal mixture and steam cook it for 10 mins. Keep it aside.
4. Chop the cluster beans/ kothavarangai to fine pieces and steam cook it separately adding little water.
5. Now after keeping all things ready, take a tawa add oil and splutter mustard seeds and add urad dhal.
6. Now add the cooked cluster beans and fry for a few mins.
7. Crumble the dhal balls to a powder consistency and add them to the cluster beans.
8. Cook in low flame. Add little salt and mix well.
9. Garnish with curry leaves and serve with rice.
Your browser does not support iframes.