Rice – 2 cups
White Channa (Kondai kadalai) – 1 Cup
Aloo – 1 Cup (cut into cubes)
Bay leaves – 2
Cloves – 4
Cinnamom – 3-4
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Onion – 3 Sliced
Green Chilli – 3 nos
Oil – 3 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Curry & Coriander leaves - for garnishing
Salt – to taste
Water – as required
Soak Channa overnight and keep them.
1. Take a pressure cooker and add oil.
2. Add the cloves, cinnamom and bay leaves.
3. Now add the sliced onions, sliced green chilli and also the ginger garlic paste.
4. Sauté them until the raw flavor fades.
5. Now add the Potato cubes and the channa.
6. Add the raw rice directly without soaking in water or without washing it.
7. Mix well and add ghee (if you are diet conscious you can add gingelly or sesame or til oil) and saute.
8. Now add the required salt and water.
9. Mix well and allow the rice to cook for 2 whistles.
10. After steam subsides, open the cooker and garnish with the curry and coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Raita.
Note: Adding gingelly oil in good for health and helps the rice to come well (non-sticky).