Idli or Dosa batter – 1 cup (Thick)
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1 or 2 based on taste
Channa dhal – 1 tbspn
Toor Dhal – 1 tbspn
Mustard – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tbspn
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt – to taste
Curry and coriander leaves
1. Take a tawa or pan or kadai, heat oil and add mustard seeds
2. Allow it to splutter and add toor, channa dhals and saute
3. Add chopped onion and the green chillies and add a pinch of asafoetida
4. Let the onion turn pale pink, add salt and add the curry and coriander leaves and turn off the stove
5. Add this to the batter that is ready
6. Now take the Kuzhi Paniyaram Chatti or the pan, heat it and grease them with drop of oil in each kuzhi (hole)
7. With a small spoon, take smaller quantities and pour to the kuzhi and add oil to each one separately
8. When you see the bottom portion turning golden, slowly turn the paniyaram to the other side and similarly add drop of oil
9. Remove from stove when both sides turn golden brown
Simple and easy way to prepare a evening snack that will also be filling. This is also a best method as oil usage is less and can be done with the ingredients at home.
Serve hot with Coconut Chutney or any chutney.
Your browser does not support iframes.