Kadhai or Kadai Paneer Recipe
Paneer – 2 cup paneer cut into cubes
Green Capsicum – 1 medium sized
Red Capsicum – 1
Tomatoes – 3
Green Chilli – 1 (according to taste)
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garlic – -5 pods
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp for seasoning
Oil – 3 tbspn
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
Kasturi Methi or Fenugreek leaves or Vendaya Elai – 1/4 cup
Salt – as required
1. Ground the tomatoes, green chili, ginger and garlic together into a fine paste and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and add the paneer cubes and fry for 3-4 mins.
3. Remove the paneer cubes and add both the capsicum that is chopped into cubes and fry for 2-3 mins.
4. Remove from oil and add cumin seeds to the oil left over in the pan.
5. Now add the ground tomato-ginger-garlic-chili paste and saute.
6. Add turmeric, chili, coriander powder and mix well.
7. Add the chopped Kasturi Methi or dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
8. Add required salt and add the fried paneer and the capsicum.
9. Mix well and add little water if needed and leave for 2 mins.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Kadhai Paneer is ready to be served with Chapatis or rotis. A colorful healthy and tasty dish that will be appealing even for the kids.
Note: You can also add onions and other spices like clove, cinnamon, bay leaves and a pinch of orange color if you wish to give it a hot and spicy look.
Your browser does not support iframes.