Thanks for the recipe contributed by my friend Sumathi.
Prawns – 100 gm
Onion sliced – 1 no
Tomato – 1/2 piece
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves and curry leaves – to garnish
Mustard seed – 1 tsp
salt – to taste
Coconut – 1 1/2 cup
Red chillies – 10
Sombu ( Big jeera) – 2 tsp
Grind the above with little water
1. Heat oil in a pan, add 1 tsp of mustard seeds allow it to splatter.
2. Add the onions and curry leaves and let onion fry for about 2- 4 minutes until they are pale pink.
3. Then add the tomatoes and the grounded coconut paste along with little water.
4. Let the paste cook for about 10 minutes in low flame, add 1 tsp of turmeric powder and add salt.
5. Cook until oil suspends on top of the gravy.
6. Then add the prawns and cook for 5 – 6 minutes. Do not over cook.
7. Remove from the stove and garnish with coriander leaves.
Do not over cook the prawns as their texture and taste will change.