Ragi (also spelled as Raagi or Kelvaragu) or finger millet koozh or a kind of porridge that is a special dish meant for Tamil month Aadi where this porridge is offered to God. This ragi itself is a good ingredient for those dieting and also a rich fibre food good for ladies specially. This dish is the breakfast in the country side in India where they serve this with raw green chilli or pickles or they take it with raw onions.
Raagi or Kelvaraghu Koozh Recipe:
Ragi (Finger millet) flour – 4 tablespoons
Salt – as required
Butter Milk – 3 tumbler
Water- 3 tumbler
Chopped onion – handfull
Cooked rice – 1 tablespoon
1. Mix Ragi flour in 1 cup of Water without any lumps.
2. Heat remaining Water in a vessel.
3. Once it started to boil, add mixed Ragi flour in medium flame.
4. Allow the Ragi flour mix to boil until it thickens.
5. Finally add cooked rice, salt, chopped onion and remove from flame.
6. Allow it to cool for some time and add butter milk while serving.