Chopped Yam or senai or elephant foot – ½ cup
Small raw banana – 1no
Green chillies – 3
Curd – 2 cups
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Jeera – ½ tsp
Pepper powder – 1tsp
Water – 1cup
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Salt – to taste
Fenugreek powder (fry and powder) – ½ tsp
Ghee – 3 tsp
Dry red chilli – 2
Mustard – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – to garnish
1. Remove the skin of the plantain and cut it into small pieces.
2. Grind the coconut and jeera to a smooth paste without adding water and keep it aside.
3. Dissolve the pepper powder in ½ cup of water and cook the vegetables and sliced green chilli in this water.
4. Add the turmeric powder and salt and stir well.
5. When the water dries, add 1tsp ghee.
6. Pour the curd and mix well. Cook in low flame.
7. When the curd starts boiling add the grinded coconut mixture and fenugreek powder into it. Stir well. Brings to a boil and remove from fire.
8. Season with mustard, red chillies and curry leaves in ghee.