Garlic – 1 kg
Gingelly oil – 500 ml
Lime fruits – 30 nos
coriander seeds – 30 gms
Fenugreek – 10 gms
Jeera – 10 gms
Asafoetida – a pinch
Red chilli powder – 100 gms
Salt powder – 100 gms
Powdered jaggery – 100 gms
Turmeric powder – 10 gms
Mustard – 10 gms
1. Fry coriander seeds, fenugreek, jeera and asafoetida in a pan without adding oil till it turns brown in colour.
2. Grind them to a fine powder and our Masala Powder is ready.
3. Cut the lime fruits, extract the juice, filter and keep it.
4. Add a pinch of salt to this so that it may not turn bitter.
5. Heat the gingelly oil in a thick bottomed pan and add mustard.
6. After it splutters, add the peeled garlic. When it becomes one-fourth cooked add lime juice.
7. When the garlic becomes half cooked, add chilli powder, masala powder and salt powder and turmeric powder.
8. When it becomes three fourths cooked, add the powdered jaggery and keep it in the stove for 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Allow it to cool and store in bottles.
Tasty home made garlic pickle is ready.