Basmati rice – 1 cup
Ripe tomato – 4
Pudina or mint leaves – 1 cup
ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Onion big – 1
Cinnamom – a pice
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt, oil – as required
1. Wash and soak the rice in water for few mins.
2. Grind the tomato finely without adding water.
3. Add oil to heating pan and add cinnamom, clove, ginger garlic paste, chopped onions and pudina leaves.
4. Fry them and add turmeric powder, garam masala, tomato paste, salt and water and allow it to boil.
5. Finally add rice and mix well and close the pan.
6. Allow it to cook for 7 -10 mins in low flame.
Tomato Mint biriyani is ready to be served with raita.
Pudina is rich in iron so it is advised for pregnant ladies and anaemic people.