Plantain stem- 2 cups
Toor dhal-1/4 cup
Channa dhal- 1/4 cup
Red chilli- 6
Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil- 1 tsp
Curry leaves- little
Fenugreek- 1 tsp
Asafoetida- a pinch
1. Chop the plantain stem into fine pieces and keep it soaked in water mixed with a teaspoon of butter milk.
2. Soak the toor dhal and channa dhal for some time. Once it becomes soft grind it along with red chillies, jeera, salt and curry leaves into a rough paste.
3. Now steam cook the grinded material for 7 min.
4. Cook the plantain stem by adding little water.
5. Take a pan, add oil, fenugreek, asafoetida , curry leaves and cooked plantain stem. Cook for 2 min.
6. Add the steam cooked dhal mixture after making it to fine powder by mashing with hand.
7. Mix the materials added and remove from flame.